Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hatfield - McCoy History Channel TV Series

Well I finally got to watch the Hatfield McCoy history channel 3 part DVD series.  I couldn't stop at the 1st part, it kept me up until late into the night.  I don't usually get that involved in a series but this was definitely worth the time to see it.  Plus got to spend a little quality time on the couch with the hubby (not often) finally something that interest us both.

Fact or Fiction? entertaining? very! worth the time? yes I thoroughly enjoyed the series and think Kevin Costner did a great job.

Can't help but think about how my own relatives lived during the days just after the civil war.  I was fortunate to grow up in a family that lived from the land and passed some of their old customs on down the generations.  My Grandmother taught me how to grow a garden with not much more than a hoe, can vegetables with boiling water canner and of course make soap the old way from pig fat.  Now those are some dying ways of life with modern technology.  Most of the things she had taught me have evolved over the years to suit the times.

My Mother called today and ask if I could send a handmade bonnet to Aunt Mary in Georgia.  She's in her late 90's and still has her wits about her.  I think I'll plan a trip with Mom soon to visit with her and ask what she remembers from growing up in the blue ridge mountains as a girl.

If you get a chance be sure to see the History Channels Series Hatfield & McCoys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home